Euryanthe

Euryanthe

Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare Spoilers ahead.To say I hated how the triangle was resolved is an understatement. First of all, I applaud CC for trying to do something different with it. I am always a fan of innovation. But no one can possibly tell me that it felt like she loved them both. There's a huge difference between being IN love and loving someone and from the very start it was obvious to me that she's IN love with Will while caring for Jem in a more brotherly way. During the first two books that was very obvious and now all of a sudden she loves 'em both EQUALLY?! No way that I will buy it. How in the world is it true love when you have to tell yourself all the time that you love the guy? It was far from believable that she'd still feel the same even after more than a hundred years. So needless to say that the epilogue ruined it for me. Wish I hadn't read it. It would've been a much better closure if Jem died (and stayed dead) and she ended up having a truly happy life with Will. This way it just sounded way too idyllic for my own taste. And that last fight against Mortmain was pretty anticlimactic. And the whole story did seem a bit predictable, what with all the theories out there. And I loved Cecily and Gabriel. And Gideon was so cute. All in all, the whole thing actually just seemed like CC trying to please everyone and the story ended up lacking.